Green Technology Solutions
MDM Limited Green Technology
Our mission is to use “Green Technology” solutions to address current and future
challenges that face local, state, and, federal government agencies, health care,
educational institutions, and private sector businesses.
Our definition of Green Technology is simple – Use Less Stuff.
Through our associations with various partners and consultants, MDM Limited will offer
business solutions that promote efficiency and cost reduction, while reducing the carbon
Cloud computing is a style of computing in which dynamically scalable and often virtualized resources are provided as a service over the Internet. Users need not have knowledge of, expertise in, or control over the technology infrastructure in the "cloud" that supports them.
MDM provides solutions that assist IT administrators and Business leaders with acquisitions and implementation strategy, unified communications strategies, and processes for evaluating the following platforms:
Infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
Platform as a service (PaaS)
Software as a Service (SaaS)
Cloud Data Management Technology
Cloud-based data storage and management is a rapidly expanding business. Whilst these emerging services have reduced the cost of data storage and delivery by several orders of magnitude, there is significant complexity involved in ensuring large data service can scale when needed to ensure consistent and reliable operation under peak loads.
A cloud-based environment has the technical requirement to manage data center virtualization, lowers cost and boosts reliability by consolidating systems on the cloud. In addition, in an ideal world, the cloud systems may be geographically dispersed to reduce their vulnerability due to earthquakes and other catastrophes, which increase technical challenges on a great level of distributed data interoperability and mobility.
MDM Limited will assist in evaluating the best cloud data management solutions for the business or government agency to bring about the most efficient and lowest cost environment.
Using virtualization of hardware can save organizations a bundle. MDM Limited and its partners can show you the many ways to save money and staff time using virtualization. Virtualization offers multiple ways to save money including hardware purchases, and driving down power and cooling costs over time. MDM can also reduce the amount of staff time needed, when providing testing and analysis for various projects.
Video Conferencing is Green
Leading environmental organizations highlight video as an effective “green” technology to reduce global warming.
- The Nature Conservancy lists video conferencing as one of its
“Easy Things You Can Do To Help Our Climate.”
- The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) has released two reports that demonstrate how video conferencing dramatically reduces carbon emissions.
Ten Tips to Advance Business Goals and Reduce Environmental Impacts with Telepresence and Video Conferencing
- Telecommuting - Enable people to work from home while still being fully engaged in the workplace with a face-to-face connection. Save on real estate and operational costs, while increasing productivity and morale of employees who don’t spend hours in traffic.
- Access to Remote Experts - Connecting customers and employees to experts and advisors over video no matter where they are located saves time, money and carbon emissions, and increases customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Global Meetings - Whether meeting with the board or your global team, there’s no need for a flight. Just a short walk down the hall or a quick call from the desk and everyone can meet face-to-face.
- Customer Briefing Centers - Video unites purchasers, clients, sales staff and engineers in real time without travel to facilitate instant decision making and collaboration.
- Work/life Balance - Employees who are always on the road often report more stress, less productivity and reduced job satisfaction. Video removes the need to travel, increasing morale, productivity, and collaboration.
- Distance Learning - Schools and training facilities get an added lesson in conservation when they connect via video to remote institutions to enhance learning opportunities and save on costs.
- R&D - Designers and researchers around the globe can hold video discussions about product design, carry out component modifications, and advance development timelines, without increasing their carbon footprint.
- Team Building - Multiple offices don’t have to mean isolated teams. Video allows remote teammates to see each other as often as if they were in the same office, building camaraderie without associated travel.
- HR Recruiting - Video-based screenings of out-of-town candidates cut costs and carbon emissions by eliminating travel, while allowing hiring managers to read candidates’ facial expressions.
- Real-time Collaboration - Organizations can deal with large amounts of rich data and collaborate in real-time from multiple locations with the visual and multi-media capabilities of video conferencing instead of losing
Powered by iBIS